Holy Cross Ribbon Cutting for New $95M Athletic Complex
On Saturday, April 28, the College of Holy Cross will celebrate the dedication of the new Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex, 1 College St., Worcester. The event will begin at 11:30 a.m. with tours and outdoor festivities. Former Holy Cross Athletics greats are expected to appear at the event as well. The ceremony will begin at 1 p.m. with a speaking program inside the Hart Center Arena, followed by the ribbon-cutting at 1:45 p.m.
The new athletic facility features:
- A 64,000-square foot indoor practice facility with 100 yards of turf for use by all sports.
- Auxiliary gymnasium for basketball and volleyball team practice.
- 3,000 square feet of new space for sports medicine.
- 9,500 square feet of new space for strength and conditioning training and equipment.
- Additional locker rooms for varsity teams.
- Offices and meeting rooms for all programs.
- Exterior plaza for events.
The facility was completed with the support of many donors, with a $32.5 million lead commitment from John Luth ’74 and Joanne Chouinard-Luth, D.M.D. Their gift is the largest in all of College of the Holy Cross history.